By purchasing items from our Amazon wish list you can have our most needed donations shipped directly to us.When you shop Amazon for anything, consider shopping via Amazon Smile and choose us as your donation organization. We will receive a percentage of your purchases.
Don't have time to volunteer?
How else can you support God's plan for the Broken Bus?
What donations are needed?
Because we are a small, grass roots organization run entirely by volunteers, we accept very specific donations in order to help keep donation sorting as efficient as possible, making our volunteers time as fruitful as possible. At this time, we appreciate the following items which can be new or gently used (unless otherwise specified), both men and women:
1) Adult size jeans and sweat pants (no dress pants, please)
2) Adult size hoodies (size large and bigger, please)
3) Adult size coats (winter coats only, no dress coats or wool coats, please)
4) Adult size tennis shoes and boots (any adult size, new or good condition, please)
5) Adult size socks (new only, please)
6) Adult size underwear (new only, please)
7) Non-perishable snacks (due to dental problems, no hard snacks please, including hard granola bars)
8) Sleeping bags
9) Back packs or duffle bags
10) Winter gloves (adult size only, please)
11) Winter hats (adult size only, please)
12) Thermal pants and shirts (adult size only, please)
13) Toiletries such as deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, lotion and soap. Travel size items are appreciated as well!
15) Adult size shorts
16) Bug spray
17) Sun screen
18) Pop of any kind
How can I get donations to you?
Our bus facility is located in Fairfield, Ohio near Furniture Fair off of Route 4. Hours of operation vary per week based on our volunteers’ availability. Therefore, we have a donation drop box by our front door. Items listed above can be left in the drop box. If you’d like a receipt, please leave your name and address with your donated items. Our address is: 200 Office Park Drive, Suite G, Fairfield, Ohio 45014.
Please note that some GPS systems will default our address to a different zip code. Please be sure to verify your GPS is recognizing our address as being located in Fairfield, 45014 off of Seward Rd.
What donations are not able to be utilized through The Broken Bus?
Because the population we serve is very specific, we are unable to utilize, and therefore do not accept, the follow types of donations. Please donated these items to other organizations that can use them:
1) Kid’s items of any kind including: clothes, shoes, toys, books
2) Household items of any kind including: kitchen wares, towels, sheets, comforters, pillows
3) Dress clothes including: blouses, sweaters, blazers, dresses, men’s dress shirts, ties, suits, dress shoes, high heels
4) Bathing suites, formal dresses, tank tops
5) Canned goods
The Broken Bus Ministry is a 501c3 organization which is run solely by volunteers with no paid staff. Your monetary donations are greatly appreciated and will assist in not only funding the day to day operations of the ministry but also in purchasing specific items needed for those we serve. A receipt for tax purposes will be mailed to you so please be sure to include your mailing address.